Chinese New Year is incomplete without New Year gifts. Chinese New Year books are one of the most significant gifts; one can give to his loved ones. There are many categories in Chinese New Year books so that you can choose them properly. If you are thinking to present a perfect gift for your near and dear ones, read on:
Chinese New Year books for Children
- Celebrating Chinese New Year: This book is written by Diane Hoyt-Goldsmith and illustrated by Lawrence Migdale. This is a story of Ryan and his family.
- The Chinese New Year Mystery: This book is written by Carolyn Keene and illustrated by Jan Naimo Jones. This book focuses on Nancy and her learning of Chinese culture.
- The Dancing Dragon: This new year book is written by Marcia K. Vaughan and illustrated by Stanley Wong Hoo Foon and Stanley W. Foon. This book is about the celebrations of New Year.
Apart from these books, there are a number of books on Chinese New year:
- Happy New Year by Demi
- Lion Dancer : Ernie Wan’s Chinese New Year by Kate Waters
- Sam and the Lucky Money by Karen Chinn
- My First Chinese New Year
- This Next New Year by Janet S. Wong
- Chinese New Year Crafts by Karen E. Bledsoe
- The Rooster’s Antlers: A Story of the Chinese Zodiac by Eric A Kimmel
Chinese New Year books for Teens
- Cat and Rat: The Legend of the Chinese Zodiac: This book is written by Ed Young in 1995. It tells the tale of an animal race. It is an educational book, which focuses on the history of naming the year after animal names.
- The Chinese Book of Animal Powers: This book is written by Al Chung-liang Huang in 1999. This book concentrates of zodiac animals and their weaknesses and strength.
- Exploring Chinatown: This kid’s guide to Chinese culture is written by Carol Stepanchuk and is illustrated by Leland Wong. You can have a glimpse of Chinese food, language, festivals, religion, medicine, and art.
- Moonbeams: Moonbeams, Dumplings and Dragon Boats: A Treasury of Chinese Holiday Tales, Activities and Recipes is written by Nina Simonds. This book focuses on Chinese New Year festivals such as Qing Ming, Dragon Boat Festival, the Lantern Festival, and Mid-autumn Moon Festival.
Chinese New Year books for Adults
- Chinese Home Entertaining: This book is written by Angela Chang and Boa-Yu Shu. This is a bilingual cookbook, which you may find handy to treat your New Year guests.
- The Wisdom of the Chinese Kitchen: The Wisdom of the Chinese Kitchen Classic Family Recipes for Celebration and Healing is written by Grace Young and is adorned by the snaps taken by Alan Richardson. This book features a number of Chinese recipes.
|More on Chinese New Year|