Have you ever imagined having a celebration without cake? A cake completes the celebration; it lifts up the mood of a celebration without a cake a celebration seems to be incomplete.
Bake some mouth-watering cakes at your home with Christmas cake recipes and maximize the fun of Christmas celebration. Be it, vanilla or chocolate or even a fruitcake a cake recipe completes the Christmas feel. Prepare Christmas cakes at home with the best recipes of cakes and offer a sweet cake treat to your guests this Christmas season.
Best Christmas Cake Recipes:
Let us have a look at some of the Christmas cake recipes that will offer a sweetened Christmas cake treat to your guests.
- Christmas Cake (Serves 10)
- Flour: 2 cups
- Baking powder: 1 tsp
- Eggs: 5 (beaten)
- Glace cherries: 1 cup
- Raisins: 2 cups
- Currants: 3 cups
- Almonds: 1/3 cup (chopped)
- Almond powder: 1/3 cup
- Cardamom powder: 1 tsp
- Nutmeg powder: 1 tsp
- Mixed chopped candied peel: 1 cup
- Brown sugar: 2 cup
- Butter: 3 cups
- Lemon: 1 (Grated and juice)
1. Mix the butter and sugar in a bowl until soft and light add the beaten eggs to it slowly. Combine the flour, cardamom, nutmeg, almond and baking powder in another bowl and add it to the butter mix.
2. Mix the dry fruits to it and add almonds, lemon peel and lemon juice to it. Take a cake tin of 16cms and 20 cms in diameter place the mixture in it and bake it for 1 hour over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and bake the cake for another 2 hours.
3. Take out from the oven, let it cool off and serve by cutting to pieces.
- Christmas Spice Cake:
- Plain Flour: 12 oz
- Eggs: 4
- Dried fruits: 2 lb
- Mixed Spice: 1 tsp
- Cinnamon: 1 tsp
- Candied Peel: 4 oz
- Black treacle: 1 tablespoon
- Cherries: 4 oz
- Blanched Almonds: 4 oz
- Sherry: 4 tbsp
- Margarine: 8 oz
- Sugar: 8 oz
- Lemon: 1 (grated)
- Salt: 1 pinch
1. Separate all the dry ingredients and mix the fruit, almonds, cherries, lemon rind, and peel in a bowl.
2. Whip the sherry and the eggs together in another bowl and set it aside. In the meantime, bet the sugar, margarine, and black treacle in a bowl until soft.
3. Now, add the egg mix and the flour to the margarine in little portions. Stir well until it becomes thick like a paste. Now, add the fruit mixture to it and stir well.
4. Take an 8-9 inch tin and cover it up with greaseproof paper at the sides and bottom. Tie a double band of brown ribbon round the upper rim of the tin.
5. Place the cake mixture in the tin and bake for around 3 hours. Reduce the heat and bake the cake mixture for another 2 hours.
6. Take the cake out from the oven and let it cool down. Serve it hot or cold with custard or double cream.
Put up a sweet feast for your friends and family this Christmas season with Christmas cake recipes.
|Around the World||Wishes||Messages|
|Legend of the Christmas Stocking||Origin||When is Christmas|
|Wish in 100 Different Languages||Symbols|