If its Christmas time it should be adorned with fruitcakes, which have almost become traditional with the Christmas celebration. You either love a fruitcake or hate a fruitcake but you definitely cannot ignore a Christmas fruitcake during the festive season. Bake out some delicious fruitcakes at home with Christmas fruitcake recipes and serve the traditional cake to your guests of the party.
Best Christmas Fruitcakes:
Christmas is never complete without fruitcakes and the name itself brings water to the mouths isn’t it? Let us have a look at the Christmas fruitcake recipes:
- Dark Christmas Fruitcake
- Flour: 2 cups
- Orange juice: 1/4 cup
- Candied pineapple: 1 cup
- Candied mixed fruit: 1 cup (diced)
- Pecan halves: 1 cup
- Almonds: 1 cup (thinly sliced)
- Unsweetened baking chocolate: 1/2 square (melted)
- Cinnamon: 1 1/2 teaspoon
- Baking soda: 1/2 teaspoon
- Lemon juice: 1/4 cup
- Raisins: 4 cups
- Brown sugar: 1 cup
- Vegetable shortening: 1 cup
- Nutmeg: 1 teaspoon
- Ground cloves: 1 1/2 teaspoon
- Candied cherries: 1 cup (halved)
- Eggs: 6
1. Grease a 4 inch x 10 inch tube cake pan and cover the bottom of the pan with aluminum foil. You can also use 2 large loaf pans or 3 medium loaf pans for the purpose. Spray nonstick cooking spray on the pans and keep them aside.
2. Mix the fruits and nuts in a large bowl and add 1 cup of flour to the mix. Stir well. Beat the shortening and the sugar in another large bowl at a medium speed until fluffy and light. Add the egg yolks one at a time and beat well after adding each egg to the mix.
3. Now, add the flour mixture and the fruit juice to the mix and stir well. Take another bowl and beat the egg whites in it until stiff. Now, fold the beaten egg whites into the batter and add the fruit and nut mixture to it. Mix the ingredients using your hand until they blends properly.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared greasing pan and bake at a heated oven at 300 degrees for 2 hours and 20 minutes if in a tube cake pan. Bake the cake for 1hour and 45minutes if in a large pan and for 1 hour in a small pan. Let the cake cool off completely in the pan. Remove from the pan and wrap well. Your fruitcake is ready to serve.
- Corn flake crumbs: 2 cups
- Sweetened condensed milk: 1 can
- Mixed candied fruit: 2 cups
- Chopped nuts: 1 cup
- Nonesuch® mince meat: 1 jar (28oz.)
- Flour: 2 1/2 cups
- Eggs: 2 (Lightly beaten)
- Candied cherries: 36
- Baking soda: 1 teaspoon
1. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl excepting the cherries. Cover 3 cupcake pans with paper liners and pour the batter into each pan.
2. Bake the batter at 300 degrees for about 45 to 50 minutes. Take out from the oven and top each cake pan with candied red cherry and 2 slices of a green candied cherry.
Serve the delicious fruitcakes to your guests and enjoy the traditionalism of the festive season with Christmas fruitcake recipes.
|Around the World||Wishes||Messages|
|Legend of the Christmas Stocking||Origin||When is Christmas|
|Wish in 100 Different Languages||Symbols|