Gemini is the third sign in the zodiac chart which comes right after Taurus and is followed by Cancer. This particular zodiac spans between the 60 degrees to 90 degrees of zodiac.
People who are born between 22nd May and 21st June belong to this astrological sign. Gemini is one of the three Air signs along with Libra and Aquarius. This sign has originated from the constellation Gemini which lies between Cancer and Taurus lying to its East and west respectively and the brightest star of this constellation is Pollux.
Among the twelve planets in our Solar System, Gemini is ruled by Mercury. The symbol allotted to this zodiac is that of the twins whose names were Castor and Pollux. According to the Roman and Greek mythology, these twin brothers were together called Dioscuri. Both Castor and Pollux were born from the same mother, Leda, but had different fathers.
Castor was the mortal son of the Spartan king, Tyndareus while Pollux was the immortal son of Zeus, the king of Gods, who had seduced Leda by taking the form of a beautiful white swan. It is however believed that Castor and Pollux were born from a single egg along with Clytemnestra and Helen of Troy. The Gemini twins are also called Castores.
As the legend goes, when Castor was killed, his devastated twin brother, Pollux, asked his father to allow him to share his own immortality with his twin brother so they are together forever. Zeus granted the wish of his son and changed them into the Gemini constellation and making both of them immortal. The twins are also known as Tyndarids and were patron of sailors.
People born under this sign are generally broad-minded. They can easily adjust to any given situation and is extremely versatile. They are always in a jovial mood which makes them charming and thus impressing people is a child’s game for them. Their wit is sharp as knife and can challenge you in anything and everything. It’s almost like they have everything up their sleeves.
Their sense of humor cannot be compared which again makes them a person everyone would like to have by their side. They are also extremely spontaneous and intellectual. However, a Gemini is also known for being inconsistent. As they excel in so many fields, they find it hard to concentrate on a single project for a long time. People also find them to be superficial of their incapability of paying attention to all details. As far as feelings are concerned, it’s definitely not their cup of tea. They also find it difficult to reach a conclusion as they tend to be extremely whimsical. They can come off as too much intimidating and over-powering to few people. The Sumero-Babylonian name of this sign is the great twins.
Compatible Zodiac Signs
- Aries: Aries are not good in conversing but Gemini on the other hand is all about communicating and socializing like it’s the main theme of their life. This strike a balance between the two of them making the communication easier between the two. Gemini loves to play the role of teacher when in a relationship and hopes that they inspire their partner enough to make them want to learn something new from them each day. So, if their Aries partner is submissive and buries their ego, this relationship can be a nurturing one where the Aries can learn many things from their Gemini partner. An Aries partner understands the importance of personal space and will never pin down a Gemini which doesn’t make them feel suffocated when in a relationship.
- Leo: Leos tend to be emotional and pays attention to the intellectual strength and the words of their partners. This is what attracts a Gemini and they become their faithful follower, trying to teach their Leo partners a thing or two. Both these signs don’t waste time in over thinking and playing mind games. If something is bothering them, they will just make it known to their partner. This makes their relationship an easy going one and helps to keep the trust related problems at bay. It is hard for a Gemini to surface their emotions but a warm and supporting nature of Leo gives them the strength to open up and be vulnerable.
- Libra: The trust that they have for each other is probably what makes the relationship between a Gemini and a Libra perfect. While Libra always trust their partner’s actions and hardly doubts their own conscience for believing them, a Gemini will respect their Libra partner’s need to flirt in order to feel accepted by others. These two signs tend to be emotionally synced and they give each other exactly what they need.
- Aquarius: Even for these two signs, trust is never an issue. While Aquarius feels lying is the most ridiculous thing a person can do, Gemini feel free enough and are way too proud to lie about the things they do. Aquarius understands the need for privacy and respects it. Thus both the signs will trust each other completely and hardly break it because neither of their partners invade their personal space nor tend to be clingy. Their communication skill is strong and thus in case of problems, they prefer to talk it out and reach a solution.
Incompatible Zodiac Signs
- Cancer: It is difficult for a relationship between a Gemini and their Cancer partner to work out because of the trust issues. Cancer is an extremely emotional sign and tends to cling onto their partner for emotional support. Moreover they love to build a home for their partner and are not much of adventurers. This nature doesn’t suit a Gemini as they hate to be pinned down in a relationship. When not given privacy and personal space, they tend to be unfaithful.
- Virgo: This is one of the worst possible relationships a Gemini can have. The lack of trust between the two can make them go crazy and become unbearable for them. As soon as a Virgo will start analyzing and doubting everything, Gemini will run away from that relationship. Gemini’s incapability to stick at one place for long doesn’t allow the bond between them to grow stronger.
- Scorpio: Even though Scorpio’s interesting topics and their depths can attract a Gemini initially, their depressive and dark thoughts which follows is what disturbs a Gemini and they find it overpowering. On the other hand Scorpios feel that there aren’t many things they can learn from their Gemini partner which makes the Gemini unhappy. Their possessive nature repels a Gemini making this relationship a hard one to work upon.
- Capricorn: These two signs are terrible at handling feelings and emotions but the main problem lies in the fact that they don’t even spark any kind of emotion in one another in the first place. They end up being distant and aloof and there is not much that can make them feel connected. Moreover their incapability to communicate with each other also makes things difficult.
- Pisces: They will have a very weird and strange connection between them without much of real communication. They might laugh at each other’s joke even without understanding it thus making the bond they share extremely superficial. Pisces tends to be hopelessly romantic and on the other side, a Gemini is one of the most rational signs. When they fall in love, they are never on the same page and their frequencies never match.
- Taurus: In a relationship between these two signs, trust can be a real obstacle. While a perfect partner for Taurus would be someone who can be tied down along with them, for a Gemini a perfect partner would be someone who will let them fly and will never try to pin them down. Thus, they are not a perfect match for each other. They will end up having commitment issues and won’t be able to share feelings with ease. In this relationship, one will try to obsess over the other, trying to pull them closer forcefully while the other will feel suffocated and give every possible excuse to run away.
Variable Zodiac Signs
- Gemini: They will hardly trust each other when in a relationship but that will hardly bother them. As they know their own nature, they can easily relate to and understand their partner’s changeable moods. This will help them to give each other the freedom they crave for but in turn won’t turn out to be a long lasting relationship.
- Sagittarius: Their level of bonding is surprisingly different from the others. They understand why their partner might end up being unfaithful and are extremely considerate for that matter. This in turn gives rise to a great deal of faithfulness between the two. However both of them are affected by the fear of intimacy and sometimes while chasing their own personal values they fail to see what they share.