Cook a delicious meal for your mother with the help of various Mother’ Day recipes available at 123NewYear. These recipes are really simple to churn out, yet interesting enough to please your mom.
Top it with a beautiful table setting and you shall surely have your mother misty eyed!
Egg White Frittata
a great breakfast dish to start Mother’s Day with and perhaps pamper your mom in bed.
- Time to Cook: 18 min
- Servings: 4 to 6
- Egg whites of 8 eggs that are at room temperature
- Half cup of whipping cream
- 6 ounces of lox that have been chopped in to half-inch pieces
- Lemon’s zest
- half teaspoon of kosher salt
- half teaspoon of black pepper that has been freshly ground
- Olive oil 2 tablespoons
- 2 ounces of arugula
- A clove garlic that has been minced
- Place an oven rack in a preheated (350 degrees Fahrenheit) oven’s center.
- Whisk egg whites in a medium sized bowl till they become fluffy (around 30 seconds). Next add lox, cream, lemon zest, pepper and salt.
- Heat oil in an oven proof skillet that is non-stick and has a thickness of 10-inch.
- Add the garlic and arugula and cook till the arugula becomes wilted.
- Egg mixture needs to be poured into the skillet and stirred to combine all the ingredients.
- Place the skillet in the oven to bake for about 10-12 minutes or until it is set
- After it is set, slide it onto a plate and the frittata can be cut into wedges.
- Serve the frittata warm or cool it down to room temperature.
A delicious pasta dish that can be made for lunch or dinner.
- Time To Cook: 30 minute
- Serves: 4
- Butter – 1 tablespoon
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- half cup of chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- A cup of chicken broth
- A cup of heavy cream
- Skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – 1 pound
- Pepper and salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons of freshly chopped basil
- 8 ounces of dry fettuccini pasta
- Melt butter over a low heat in a large saucepan, add the minced garlic and cook for 30 seconds
- Next the tomatoes need to be added along with 3/4 cup of the chicken broth and bring to boil
- Once it starts to boil reduce the heat and simmer uncovered for around 10 minutes, till the tomatoes become tender.
- Add the heavy cream and bring to a boil while continuously stirring. Thicken the sauce till it is thick enough to coat a spoon
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of the chicken breast and sauté them in warm oil over medium heat.
- Use a slotted spatula to occasionally press down the chicken. Cook the chicken on each side for about 4 minutes or till the meat is no longer pink on the inside. Set aside once cooked and keep it warm.
- Once you have removed the excess fat from the skillet heat the remaining portion of chicken broth. Stir to mix in the pan juices with the broth and reduce.
- Add this to the cream sauce and stir in the basil. Next season the sauce.
- Bring salted water to boil and add the dry fettucine to cook for around 10 minutes.
- Once cooked to al dente, drain it and place it in a bowl where you can toss it with 3 to 4 tablespoons of the sauce.
- Place the pasta on serving plates and top with chicken breasts cut into diagonal slices
- If needed reheat the sauce and place it on top of your served pasta.