New Year is the beginning of celebrations, exchange of presents and affectionate words. You would be searching for different ways to express this wonderful festival – here are short New Year poems for you to convey the wishes.
Rhyming words and quotations are the most impressive ways of greeting on the New Year eve.
Check out for the most beautiful poems for New Year and send these across to all your near and dear ones.
Short Famous New Year Poems
There are many famous writers and poets who have contributed to the New Year poems.
Short New Year Poems are best for sending through mobile. With the instant way of sharing messages you would surely like to find cute poetries for New Year.
You can easily send these via text messages and can also, update it on your networking sites. Wish you all a very happy New Year and hope you loved these poems.
Here are the short New Year poems by some of the great writers. Hope you enjoy the read –
Let us try to be good and content,
Kind to each other,
Healthy and gentle and brave,
Obedient to Mother.
For of such were the heroes of old –
Patient in learning,
Seldom rude, seldom cross, never cruel,
From the truth never turning.
– A. E. and M. Keary
2.New years’ morning
A low, quiet music is playing—
distorted trumpet, torn bass line,
white windows. My palms
are two speakers the size
of pool-hall coasters.
I lay them on the dark table
for you to repair.
– Carl Adamshick
“The worst is yet to come:”
So wail the doubters glum,
But here’s the better view;
“My best I’ve yet to do.”
The worst some always fear;
To-morrow holds no cheer,
Yet farther on life’s lane
Are joys you shall attain.
Go forward bravely, then,
And play your part as men,
For this is ever true:
“Our best we’ve yet to do.”
– Edgar Guest
Happy New Year To You
Happy New Year to you!
May every great new day
Bring you sweet surprises–
A happiness buffet.
Happy New Year to you,
And when the new year’s done,
May the next year be even better,
Full of pleasure, joy and fun.
It’s a New Year
It’s a new year
Let’s give a cheer
Send New Year PoemsPour us some wine
And maybe some beer
Get all your friends
Party till the day ends
Then the ball will drop
And the balloons will pop
It will be 2019
Give me a high five
Another year passes
Through life’s glasses
Happy New Year!
More New Year Poems
- Sketch—New Year’s Day, 1790 by Robert Burns
- The Auld Farmer’s New-Year-Morning Salutation to his Auld Mare, Maggie by Robert Burns
- When the new year by Rg Gregory
- 1819 New Year’s Carrier’s Address by Major Henry Livingston, Jr.
- A New Year’s Day Poem By Charles Moir
- A New Year’s Gift by William Strode
- A NEW YEAR’S GIFT,SENT TO SIR SIMEON STEWARD by Robert Herrick
- A New Year’s Resolution to Leave Dundee by William Topaz McGonagall
- My New Year’s resolution by By Robert Fisher
- New Year’s Eve by David Herbert Lawrence
- NEW YEAR POEM by Barry Tebb
- New Year’s Chimes by Francis Thompson
- New Year’s Eve by Robert William Service
- New Year’s Morning by Helen Hunt Jackson
- ON THE NEW YEAR by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- Ring Out, Wild Bells by Alf navy, Lord Tennyson