Christmas Croissants are very popular as they serve as the perfect filling food in between the celebration and dinner treat. Cook croissants at home with Christmas croissants recipe and surprise your guests with delicious breakfast treat.
Serve your guests with delicious croissants in the middle of the celebration and let them enjoy the party in full Christmas spirit.
Popular Croissant Recipes:
Let us have a look at the Christmas croissant recipes:
- Butter Croissants
- Dry yeast: 1 package
- Warm water: 1 cup
- All-purpose flour: 5-1/4 cups
- Sugar: 1/3 cup
- Evaporated milk: 3/4 cup
- Butter: 1/4 cup (melted and cooled)
- Cold butter: 1 cup (cut into small pieces)
- Egg: 1
- Egg: 1 (beaten with 1 tablespoon water)
- Salt: 1-1/2 teaspoons
1. Mix yeast and sugar in warm water and stir well so that it dissolves. Add milk, salt, egg and 1 cup of flour and stir until smooth. Now, beat in melted butter to the mix.
2. Cut butter into 4 cups of flour until crumbly. Add the yeast mixture to the flour mixture and gently fold until blend well. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
3. Knead dough on a floured surface roll into a ball. Cut the dough evenly into 4 parts. Take one ball of dough at a time and keep the rest in wrapped in plastic in the refrigerator.
4. Knead one ball of dough into a circle about 16 inches in diameter on a floured surface. Slice the circle into 8 equal wedges and roll them gently toward the pointed end and shape each into a crescent shape.
5. Place each croissant on a non-greased baking sheet at least 1-1/2 inches apart from each other. Cover the dough with a towel and let it rise in a cool place for about 2 hours.
6. Preheat oven to 325 degrees and after the croissants have doubled in size brush them with the mixture of egg and water. Bake for about 35 minutes or until golden. Serve the croissants warm with jam or flavored butter.
- Sweet Croissants
- Croissant dough: 1 package (refrigerated)
- Raisins: 3 tablespoons (chopped)
- Butter: 2 tablespoons (melted)
- Cinnamon: 1/2 teaspoon
- Honey or corn syrup
- Brown sugar: 2 tablespoons
- Nuts: 3 tablespoons (chopped)
- Graham wafers: 2 (crushed)
1. Muddle nuts, raisins, cinnamon, brown sugar, wafers, and butter together and add to the mix few drops of honey. Stir well until it forms a thick mixture.
2. Now, take out the croissant dough and separate them into triangles. Stuff some portion of the mixture into the wide end of each triangle and roll them up.
3. Place them in a greased cookie sheet and fold the ends to form crescents. Dredge the tops of the crescent with warm honey and drizzle few chopped nuts into it. Bake the dough according to the directions for about 14 minutes.
Enjoy these yummy Croissants with your family on the Christmas Eve or at the Christmas celebration. Treat your taste buds to the best croissant recipes with Christmas croissant recipes.
|Around the World||Wishes||Messages|
|Legend of the Christmas Stocking||Origin||When is Christmas|
|Wish in 100 Different Languages||Symbols|