Being the seventh sign of the astrological table, this sign is one of the three zodiac air signs along with Gemini and Aquarius. The people born in the time span from 23rd September to 22nd October are natives of this zodiac.
The symbol of Libra is based on the pictorial representation of Themis holding a pair of scales. Themis is the Greek personification of law and justice. This is associated to the just and impartial nature of a balanced Libra.
They are neutral judges and have a fair assessment of every matter. Ruled by the planet Venus, the Libra man is an ambassador of Venus who is the Goddess of love. He is urbane and has a strong lookout for beauty in his surroundings.
One of the Air signs, he is an intellectual person who would prefer to sit on the fence as a referee rather than be in any one of the teams. Air gives speed and intensity. They are good debaters and enjoy discussing their ideas with others. The Sumero-Babylonian name of this zodiac is “The Scales”.
The Positive traits in a Libra man-
- The best thing about a Libra man is his kind nature and who is always there to help out his friends. He will himself undertake pain to put his friends at ease.
- His elegance, charm and good tastes allow him to win over people socially. His balanced judgments and impartiality are sought after and admired by others.
- A Libra man is gentle and sweet, often going that extra way to cooperate and compromise in order to make their loved ones happy.
- He is a fashionable man and is generally blessed with natural beauty. He possesses old school mannerism and polite behavior along with being a harmonious individual.
- His optimistic nature allows him to look past the flaws of every individual and discover the good in almost all of them.
- He is a great friend as he is sensitive to the feelings of others and will go out of his way to make his friends feel special. Usually, even when he is right he will succumb in order to maintain peace.
He is a good team player and can effortlessly boost the morale of the group.
The Negative traits in a Libra man-
- He has a bad tendency of not tolerating other people challenging his opinions and judgments. To him, once he has reached a conclusion, that is supposed to be the ultimate decision and he does not particularly consider that someone else could have a different view too. He is always craving for the stamp of approval from others and criticism of his opinions turns him off like anything.
- Being patient with a Libra man is not easy as simple decisions like picking a restaurant or a movie will make them think a lot and it will take some time till they come to a conclusion. He often suffers from an indecisive nature and often this fear of taking a wrong decision prevents them from taking a decision at all.
- He can be frivolous in his spending and make an extravagant purchase out of desire instead of necessity. This tendency of over indulging may lead to minor financial troubles.
- He is rarely angry even in situations that compel him to be so because of his preference for harmony and peace. This has a downside that when he at all gets angry it’s a fierce outburst.
The Libra man in a relationship-
Relationships make the Libra born man feel complete and once he has found a suitable partner he will make sure his relationship is running strong. He is very romantic and loves to express his love. As much as he loves himself, he wants to be loved by someone else as well so in order to keep him happy you have to give as much as you receive.
If you ask for his honest opinion be ready to get just that which may not always pleasant on the ears. But however much honest he may be, he is not insensitive to your needs and will usually let you win an argument even if he is not the one at fault. One of his best traits is that he will always look past the flaws and focus on the positive side of his partner. If he really loves you, he won’t joke around and never lead you on coz that would be plain unfair.
He may take things very fast at times and talk about unrealistic expectations that can scare his partner away. A Libra man can act like a insulted child at times and his partner has to put in a lot of efforts and make him feel important and loved. He can be trusted upon and will not leave your side till you can live up to the image of a perfect love that he signed up for.
Compatibility with other signs-
- Libra and Gemini – Both being air signs; they showcase great compatibility and can live a relationship that is envied by others. They both meet each other’s needs perfectly and inspire to be better. The Gemini woman admires the social skills and the flattering nature of her partner whereas the Libra man is attracted by the outgoing and fun loving nature of her.
- Libra and Aquarius – They have a lot of things in common and a natural connection both mentally and physically. Both are rational and excellent communicators which make them a match made in heaven. Both of them want a partner who is first and foremost their best friend with whom they can have fun and an interesting adventure.
- Libra and Sagittarius – It’s a harmonious pair and they find solace in each other. They are typically a great match with sizzling chemistry. The Libra man will fall for the passionate, spontaneous and intense nature of a Sagittarius woman while she will appreciate the optimistic, honest, charming and attractive personality of his.
Basic Information about Libra-
|Date Range||23rd September- 22nd October|
|Compatible Signs||Gemini, Sagittarius, Aquarius|
|Lucky days||Sundays, Mondays, Tuesdays|
|Lucky colors||Blue, Green|