Pisces is the twelfth and the last sign in the zodiac chart. It comes right after the Air sign, Aquarius. People who are born between 19th February and 20th March belong to this particular zodiac.
It is a water sign along with the two other water signs, Cancer and Scorpio. It has originated from the constellation Pisces and is ruled by two planets, Jupiter and Neptune. In the celestial longitude Pisces spans between 332.75 degrees to 360 degrees.
Some astrologers believe that the present astrological age is Age of Pisces while others argue that it is the Age of Aquarius. The symbol of Pisces is a fish which particularly represents Ichthyocentaurs, a race of sea Gods, whose bodies are half human and half horse and have tails of that of a fish.
According to the Greek mythology, Ichthyocentaurs had aided the Goddess of love and beauty, Aphrodite, when she had taken birth from sea foam. “The tails” is the Sumero-Babylonian name given to this sign.
The positive traits of a Pisces man-
- As it is a water sign, a Pisces man can be extremely imaginative and creative. He always thinks out of the box and his ideas are always unique and abstract. He’s the one who is always filled with ideas which are seldom boring. His strong visualizing and imagination powers can help him reach great heights and be successful in life.
- He is also very kind and generous. He will always provide a helping hand to those in need. He is rarely mean to others and treats people the way he wants them to treat him. He has a soft nature.
- He is always compassionate towards others and is extremely helpful. He can exactly feel what a person is going through and is very sympathetic about it. He is good at comforting a troubled mind and tries to help them out in every way possible.
- Just like the rest of the water signs Pisces-born are intuitive. More than depending on facts, figures and logic he depends on his intuition while making any decisions in life. However his intuitions are hardly wrong and you can almost blindly depend on them.
- Along with being gentle and affectionate, he is an extremely sensitive being. Every little thing means a lot to him and can affect him deeply. He is also sensitive towards other’s feelings and emotions and knows how fragile a human heart is.
- He is also very selfless. He will do things for you without expecting anything in return. He will help you out because he is empathetic and not because of showing others how good he is. However his efforts are not always acknowledged by others.
The negative traits of a Pisces man-
- A Pisces man tends to be an escapist. He finds it difficult to come face to face with any problem and keeps on running away from it. If things don’t go right he will probably blame his luck rather than looking into the matter and finding a solution.
- He is too much of a perfectionist or an idealist. In any situation he has a perfect picture in his mind and even the slightest bit of diversion can disappoint him. So what might seem to be perfect in the eyes of others might seem to be mediocre to him.
- He also tends to be weak-willed and finds it difficult to stick to his opinion. His thoughts can be molded easily and is irresolute. Failures and setbacks can affect him deeply. He gets easily demoralized and has a very low self-esteem.
- He is also over-sensitive. He gets easily affected even by the pettiest of matters and takes everything seriously. Even a small sarcastic joke can hurt him deeply. One has to be extra careful while dealing with him as his feelings get easily hurt.
- He is a pessimist. Even before starting something he thinks about the worst possible outcome. Failures and defeat can dampen his spirit and easily loses motivation. This nature of his can irritate people as he fails to look at the bright side most of the time.
- He can also be extremely lazy and keep on procrastinating tasks. His energy and enthusiasm is short-lived after which he tends to ignore the task completely.
The Pisces man in a relationship-
Every time a Pisces man falls in love he thinks that he has found the love of his life. Every relationship is very different from the other ones he has had and each of them teach him an important lesson. He will love his partner with full heart and will take good care of her. He will also respect her viewpoints and be extremely romantic. However there is no guarantee how long will the relationship last as he might suddenly realize that his partner doesn’t excite him anymore and he needs someone different. With the passage of time the excitement is bound to reduce however a Pisces man doesn’t seem to understand that.
Compatibility with other signs-
- Pisces and Taurus: Both these signs give each other emotional security and stability. They can have a long-lasting relationship and get married and have a family together. They put forward a relationship goal and can make people easily jealous with their bonding.
- Pisces and Cancer: These two water signs form the best match. They can communicate easily and connect on a higher emotional and spiritual level. They complement each other and can also learn many things from one another.
- Pisces and Scorpio: They are a power couple and have very high compatibility. Even they will have a promising and long-lasting union.
- Pisces and Capricorn: They can have a very successful relationship and the Capricorn woman can energize and inspire him when he feels low. They can also make difficult decisions together and this strengthens their bond.
Basic information about Pisces-
|Date range||19th February – 20th March|
|Ruling planet||Jupiter and Neptune|
|Compatible signs||Taurus, Cancer, Scorpio, Capricorn|
|Lucky days||Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday|
|Lucky numbers||3, 7|
|Lucky colors||Aqua, Sea green|