New Year time is blend of gifts, parties and cuisines. You would be looking for some mouth watering Chinese New Year recipes. The Chinese cuisines are world class dishes and they are very nutritious also.
Here are some of the very famous New Year Chinese recipes. Try them out at home and enjoy applauds of all your loved ones.
- Steamed Dumplings
3 stalks Chinese cabbage
1 tbsp Soy sauce
1 tsp Salt
1 tbsp Cornstarch
1 lb. Pork (lean and grounded)
- Finely chop the Chinese cabbage and scallions. Put them in a mixing bowl.
- Add the soy sauce, salt, cornstarch, and pork. Mix well with a spoon.
- Drop 1 teaspoon filling on each wrapper. Fold the wrappers into half circles. Moisten the inner edges with water. Press the wrappers together to seal.
- Pour 2 quarts of water in a large pot and bring to a boil. Drop in the dumplings and cover.
- Pour in a cup of cold water when the water starts boiling again. Repeat this step two more times. When the water boils for the third time, the dumplings will be done.
- Mix 1/4 cup soy sauce with 2 tablespoons white vinegar. Serve your steamed dumplings with this gravy.
- Spicy Pork
8 oz Pork tenderloin (cut in bite size pieces)
1 tbsp Oil
1 tbsp Ginger (grated or minced)
1 large clove Garlic (minced)
½ tsp Coriander seed (grounded)
¼ tsp Turmeric
1 tsp Cumin (grounded)
¼ tsp Red pepper flakes
½ C Beef stock or broth
- Cook the rice first.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan. When the oil gets very hot, toss in garlic and ginger. Fry for 30 seconds.
- Add pork and fry till it turns brown on all sides.
- Throw in the spices and stir. Cook for 30 seconds. Add the broth. Cooking it till broth is reduced a bit and pork is done.
- Season with freshly ground pepper and lime juice. Serve over rice.
- Chinese Salad
1 head cabbage (chopped)
2 chicken breasts (cooked and chopped)
2 pkg. chicken flavored ramen noodles
10 oz. pkg. frozen peas and carrots
1 pkg. sliced almonds
For dressing (shake together)
1/3 cup sugar
½ cup oil
7 tbl. Rice vinegar
1/4 tbl. pepper
1 or 2 envelopes ramen seasoning
- Combine all ingredients except ramen noodles.
- Toss and add dressing.
- Serving – Add ramen noodles (uncooked) about 20 min.
Famous New Year Recipes of China
There are many other cuisines which are prepared by traditional Chinese families during the New Year –
- Crab Rangoon
- Kung Pao Chicken
- Sesame Chicken
- Chinese Tea Leaf Eggs
- Egg Foo Yung
- Chicken Lo Mein
- Pork Dumplings
- Asian Orange Chicken
- Chinese New Year Turnip Cake
Wishing you all a very happy and fortune Chinese New Year! Hope you had pleasure preparing the Chinese New Year recipes for your friends and families.
|More on Chinese New Year|