Aquarius is the eleventh sign in the zodiac chart. It comes right after Capricorn and just before Pisces. People who are born between 20th January and 18th February belong to this zodiac.
It is an Air sign and has originated from the constellation called Aquarius which is found in the Southern Hemisphere. Aquarius is ruled by two planets, Uranus and Saturn. The symbol given to this sign is that of a water carrier. The water carrier particularly represents a charming Phrygian youth called Ganymede. He was the son of the king of Troy who was called Tros of Dardania.
According to the Greek mythology, one day while Ganymede was taking care of his father’s sheep on Mount Ida, he was spotted by the king of Gods, Zeus. Zeus fell in love with the boy’s beauty and came down to Earth in form of a large bird. He abducted Ganymede and took him away to Olympus to serve as a cupbearer to the Gods. The Sumero-Babylonian name of this sign is “the great one”.
The positive traits of the Aquarius woman-
- An Aquarius woman is very friendly. She has a good sense of humor and loves to share jokes. She can lighten up an intense situation with her unique way and is also approachable. If you need any kind of help she will never turn her back on you.
- She is very much into Humanitarian activities and such things are very appealing to her. She is kind hearted and believes that it is her responsibility to help the unfortunate people and the ones who are in need. She puts her effort to make this world a better place for everyone.
- Aquarius natives are intelligent and intellectual people. She loves to learn new things and has never ending curiosity. Her interest spreads over a field of varied range of subjects and she believes in increasing her knowledge and learning new things every day.
- She tends to be quite inventive. She loathes monotony and going with the flow is not something she would do, so an Aquarius woman always thinks out of the box. Her creative thinking can attract the attention of many and helps her to succeed in life.
- She craves to be independent both emotionally and financially. She is a woman with strong morals and she is her own knight in the shining armor. She doesn’t need a man to support her and being independent is like a necessity to her.
- She is also known for being extremely loyal and faithful. Once she gives her word or promises something, she will do it no matter what. You can trust her blindly and never get disappointed. This nature makes her a very good partner and a friend whom everyone would like to have by their side.
The negative traits of the Aquarius woman-
- She is very unpredictable. No one has the even the slightest idea of what an Aquarius woman will do next. As she hates monotony she will never follow or abide by any specific behavioral pattern.
- As she is unpredictable, she can also be very inconsistent in her work. The way she will carry out a task can depend on how she is feeling at that particular time. She finds it difficult to segregate her emotions from her career and this nature can be a huge obstacle in the path of her success.
- She is also very detached from others. She will not let anyone to get close to her emotionally beyond a certain point. She is scared that once she gets emotionally attached to someone she might lose her freedom to some extent. So even when she gets involved with someone she sets a boundary line which she will never cross.
- She tends to be very stubborn. She believes whatever she does is always right. Even though she is a good listener, it is extremely difficult to change her viewpoint and she will stick to it till the very end.
- As Aquarius is not a very emotional sign, an Aquarius woman can be very aloof. She can shut out people who are close to her whenever she feels like doing it even without giving a legitimate reason for her action. This nature can make her lose out on various opportunities in life.
The Aquarius woman in a relationship-
An Aquarius woman wants her partner to be interesting as she hates monotony. She is a modern woman and doesn’t really care about the norms set forth by the society. She is exotic, unpredictable and an exciting woman. Not all man can handle her. So if a man is looking for a secure and stable relationship then an Aquarius woman is definitely not for him as a relationship with her would be like a roller-coaster ride. She is not a kind of woman who can be pinned down with her partner’s expectations. She is fiercely independent however if she comes across the right man she will do everything to keep him happy. She expects her man to respect her freedom and being adventurous, she loves surprises when in a relationship.
Compatibility with other signs-
- Aquarius and Aries: These two signs make a great match. Both of them are adventurous and full of life. These two signs provide each other exactly what they need from a partner.
- Aquarius and Gemini: These two air signs make a happy couple who loves to live in a world of their own. They can become imaginative and daring partners.
- Aquarius and Libra: This couple is very comfortable around other people. They connect on a higher spiritual level.
- Aquarius and Sagittarius: If they have each other by their side they can conquer the whole world. They form a dynamic, sincere and passionate couple.
Basic information about Aquarius-
|Date range||20th January – 18th February|
|Ruling planet||Saturn and Uranus|
|Compatible signs||Aries, Gemini, Libra, Sagittarius|
|Lucky days||Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday|
|Lucky numbers||2, 3, 7, 9|
|Lucky colors||Grey, Electric blue, Ultramarine blue|