Sagittarius is the ninth sign in the zodiac chart. It comes right after Scorpio and immediately before Capricorn. People who are born between 23rd November and 21st December belong to this zodiac.
In the celestial longitude, this particular sign spans between 240th degrees to 270th degrees. It is a fire sign and it has originated from the constellation named Sagittarius. The symbol given to this zodiac is that of a Centaur and is a mythological creature.
It is half horse and half human and its deep sense of knowledge and intelligence was believed to form a bridge between the Heaven and the Earth. This symbol is also represented by bow and arrow as the Centaur is also known to be the great Archer.
The symbol particularly represents the Centaur, Chiron, who had mentored the Greek hero and greatest warrior, Achilles, in archery. The Sumero-Babylonian name given to this sign is “the overseer” or “the God”.
The positive traits of a Sagittarius man-
- The Sagittarius man is very optimistic. Even in difficult situations he tends to look at the brighter side and this keeps his spirit soaring high. Failures and setbacks do not dampen his spirit easily.
- Being the Archer he will spill out the truth even if it hurts like the barbed wires. He is extremely straightforward and will say things exactly the way they are. He will not sugarcoat things before spilling it out of his mouth.
- He is an intellectual being and has interest in varied fields. He loves to learn about new things and is also filled with enthusiasm. Impressing people with conversation is an easy task for a Sagittarius born.
- He also has a very philosophical nature. He likes to share his views on spirituality and is guided by a strong genuine sense of what is right and what is wrong.
- He undoubtedly has a big heart. He will go out of his comfort zone and voluntarily face obstacles to help his friends, family and other people in need even without thinking twice. He is known for being very generous and in difficult times you can always find him by your side ready to help you to achieve your objective.
- He is a lover of adventures. Risks and unknown places allure him. He will never go for a safe and mundane life and loves to live on the edge. He finds the thrill satisfying and believes that life is all about discovering new places and meeting new people.
The negative traits of a Sagittarius man-
- A Sagittarius man is known for being careless. He has a tendency of taking things for granted and forgets to value it when he has it. He often takes unnecessary risks and his carelessness earns him criticism from everyone.
- He is tactless. His straightforwardness can hurt people’s feelings as he doesn’t think before saying. His ruthless words can push him away from his loved ones. He should therefore be more tactful while speaking.
- He is extremely impatient. He cannot stay focused on a particular task for a long time and become restless in the end. This can be an obstacle in his career. Moreover if his energy is not channelized in proper manner, things can go too far.
- He tends to be superficial. The outer appearance means a lot to him as he hardly has the patience to know what lies beneath the surface. He might judge things just on the basis of its looks without knowing about the actual substance.
- He tends to be inconsistent. His interest over things keeps on fluctuating and is short-lived. This nature affects his efficiency in work and he fails to stay focused.
- He can be over-confident sometimes. A Sagittarius man often believes that he can never take any wrong steps and often end up making many mistakes in life.
The Sagittarius man in a relationship-
It is a happy and a fun-loving sign and Sagittarius always have their sunny side up. He cheers up people and loves to bring smile on faces. Though he takes time to fall in love, once he finds the perfect partner, he moves ahead in full speed without looking back. A Sagittarius man generally falls for an outgoing and confident woman as he loves challenges.
He craves for adventures and will expect his partner to accompany him. Keeping a Sagittarius locked in a house is next to impossible and he might end up feeling suffocated in a relationship. The funny part is that he wants to feel free in a relationship and needs a partner who can respect his freedom. If his partner readily embraces his lifestyle he will shower her with love and affection. He needs someone who will be as enthusiastic as he is and who will always support him. A relationship with Sagittarius man is bound to be a topsy-turvy journey packed with adventures and not everyone can handle him.
Compatibility with other signs-
- Sagittarius and Aries: These two signs tend to fall in love at first sight and share a great chemistry. They can be very good friends along with being lovers. However both of them might want to take charge which can lead to fiery outbursts.
- Sagittarius and Leo: Both of these signs compliment each other as they are thirsty for true love. There’s a kind of magnetic attraction between them and both of them craves for adventures.
- Sagittarius and Libra: They have a lot in common which makes them highly compatible. Both of them loves the thrill of living on the edge and forms an interesting couple.
- Sagittarius and Aquarius: These two signs provide each other exactly with what they need and their love compatibility is high.
Basic information about Sagittarius-
|Date range||23rd November – 21st December|
|Compatible signs||Aries, Leo, Libra, Aquarius|
|Lucky days||Wednesday, Thursday, Friday|
|Lucky numbers||3, 5, 6, 8|
|Lucky colors||Light blue, Beige, Orange, White|