According to the modern day calendar, the last day of the year, namely December 31, is marked as New Year Eve. It is celebrated with pomp and show almost everywhere in the world.
Social gatherings and parties fill up the air with merriment, as the world gears to let the old out and welcome the new in.
In some places, there are region specific rituals that go hand in hand when celebrating the advent of the New Year.
The celebrations generally continue way past midnight as January 1 is greeted with splendor.
Step into the New Year in style with the following ideas –
1) Give indulgence to your Wanderlust: Take advantage of the slow business season by taking that trip you were planning for some time. Make sure to make prior reservations to get accommodated even in the rush.
2) Bond with family and friends: Celebrate the advent of the New Year by giving time to your family and friends – a rarity in today’s fast paced life.
3) Sail away to Wonderland: Taking a Cruise is a romantic way to celebrate as cruise-ships arrange for luxurious parties to mark the occasion.
4) Let your hair down: Party had this New Year’s Eve 2019 to your heart’s content. Make sure you have a designated driver.
5) Put your feet up for a cozy romantic evening at home: Mad rush not your style? Cozy up at home for a serene evening.
6) Celebrate with Champagne and Chocolates: Nothing yells ‘celebration!’ more than champagne. Pair it with chocolates for that ultimate indulgence.
7) Go Clubbing: Hop around the town clubbing for an exciting night.
8) Relax and rejuvenate at a spa or salon: Gift yourself a pampering you deserve by relaxing at a spa or salon.
9) Sparkle with fireworks: Light up the sky with festive fireworks for a visual extravaganza.
10) Turn on the Time Machine: Take time to reminisce fond memories from the exiting year as you prepare to take up the New Year head on.
New Year’s Eve comes only once in 365 days. Plan ahead and make it special as the clock strikes midnight.
1) Sing to your heart’s content: Give the New Year a melodious welcome by singing your favorite number in company of your friends and family. Don’t forget to include the traditional “Auld Lang Syne” in your medley.
2) Watch “New Year’s Eve” movie: Sweetly soak up the spirit of New Year by watching the multi-starrer romantic comedy “New Year’s Eve” set in the backdrop on New Year’s Eve celebrations in New York. Although the movie was not highly acclaimed either by critics or by the audience in general, the movie is sure to bring a smile on your lips.
3) Pray for a wonderful New Year: New Years are essentially time for farewell to the old and turning a new leaf. Pray for hope and positivity in the months to come.
4) Plan your New Year’s Resolutions: When we talk of turning a new leaf, how can we forget about New Year resolutions and all the promises we make to others and ourselves as January 1 approaches. Make sure you make practical doable resolutions this New Year.
5) Profess your love: The best way to start the New Year is to propose your love and begin a new journey in life.
6) Dance till you drop: New Year bashes are incomplete without dancing. You don’t need to be a pro. Just soak up the merriment and keep your feet moving.
7) Party Hard: Parties are integral part of New Year celebrations – it’s all about “Eat, Drink, and Be Merry”!
Want to know which cities belong to the list of crme ala crme for special New Year Celebrations? Read on.
1) Las Vegas, USA: The perennial party town decks up specially for New Year bash with special shows, concerts, fabulous fireworks, light-and-sound show, special buffet meals, as millions thong the “strip” to watch the confetti and join the massive wine-toast.
2) London, UK: Just as the Big Ben strikes midnight, London sky gets flooded with mind-blowing fireworks that are launched from London Eye. The amazing show lasts for full fifteen minutes. The restaurants and pubs join the bash by welcoming guests way past midnight.
3) Tokyo, Japan: If you can’t wait till New Years Eve to start the celebrations, Tokyo is your place to be as the city starts celebrating the coming of the New Year with fireworks, food, drinks and merriment from December 29 that continues till January 4. Although most tourist spots are closed during the period, the Imperial Palace is opened for public on January 1.
4) Venice, Italy: Venice conjures up youth and romance. And the city stresses on these when organizing New Year bashes. The whole city is spruced up with lights and the fireworks add the glamour. Special feasts would take care of your desire to taste Tuscan cuisine.
5) Goa, India: If open air wild parties along with sand and sea, free flow of fizzes, huge spread of exotic seafood sum up your idea of New Year celebrations, Goa is your place to be. Make sure you taste a glass of fenny, which is a regional brew concocted from guava, coconut or cashew nuts.
Finally, celebration is complete with dear ones around. So your best party is perhaps just round the corner where your loved ones are.
Selecting a Special Party Dress is a pleasurable dilemma that most of us enjoy indulging in. They say comfort is the new buzzword in fashion. But keep in mind that selecting your attire totally depends on the type of event you are booked for.
Go bold, bright, seductive and exotic – loud colors are always well received in New Year parties. Red is the color of the end of the season festivities. But you could also glam up like glitterati with molten metallics. For understated elegance, you can never go wrong with black.
Even if you are more comfortable in casuals, remember that torn jeans and flip-flops may restrict your entries to parties and restaurant that abide by specific dress codes. You don’t want to go overboard either to avoid being the odd one out. Subtle sophistication will take you places and even turn heads. And if you plan to dance, make sure to be in comfortable shoes to avoid blisters and aches later.
For a day out, nothing oozes femininity more than a sun-dress or a flowy skirt for women. For more formal events, shun the gown and go for some Bollywood style glam in sizzling sarees – even Hollywood is taking to it for ceremonial evenings. A bright clutch or an attractive hair accessory or cleverly selected chic jewelry would complete the package. For men business casuals would make a firm statement almost anywhere, unless you are attending a black-tie event that requires absolute formals.
We all want to wow with our dress and stun friends with accessories. The trick is to set your mood that then pick up from there to create the perfect outfit to be a show-stopper.
It is very interesting to observe how New Year eve is celebrated all across the world in different ways, and every human soul looks forward to the upcoming year with one single hope of it being better that the one, that is just passing by. You can go through the list below to have a brief idea of how people from different culture and backgrounds welcome the New Year:
So, the procedures may be different but the spirit of bidding farewell to the old and greeting the new, remains intact anywhere you go across the world on the New Year eve. Everyone, irrespective of culture and tradition, prays to the almighty for a healthy, happy and prosperous life in the New Year to come.